Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Goa

CAPITAL PANAJI
AREA IN Sq. km 3702
PRINCIPAL LANGUAGES KONKANI, MARATHI

Railway Route Per '000 Sq. Km. of Area : 19.8 Km.

Airports : Dabolim (VASCO)

MAJOR INDUSTRIES/CROPS/MINERALS

Crops : Rice, Pulses, Ragi, Coconut, Cashew, Arecannut, Sugarcane, Mango, Banana. Minerals : Ferro, Manganese, Bauxite and Iron Ore.

FINANCIAL INCENTIVES

- 25% assistance on total capital investment upto Rs. 2.5 mln. - 25% of maximum Rs. 1 mln. assistance for hotels with an invest- ment of Rs. 50 mln. or more. - 50% assistance on the cost of feasibility studies.

FINANCIAL CONCESSIONS

- Sales tax exemption equal to the total capital investment for 12 to 15 years. - 25% grant on water and power tariffs Others. - Special Incentives for 100% EOU's and NRI's.